Options

Keira: I've got really awful skin

dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Keira Knightley has complained that she has awful skin riddled with acne.

Although she is admired for her good looks, she insists that the reality is not such a pretty sight.

She said of her apparently perfect onscreen look: "I do not have good skin. I've got really awful skin.

"It's about four hours of make-up actually. And I have a very good dermatologist."

It's good of her to admit to this, her makeup artist must be amazing. She does look beautiful though even if she has a few spots and blemishes. I think she's damn good looking.

Comments

• Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dzfootball wrote:
    It's good of her to admit to this, her makeup artist must be amazing. She does look beautiful though even if she has a few spots and blemishes. I think she's damn good looking.

She is beautiful I think, but maybe a wee bit too thin?
    And yes, it's good to see a star admitting that their flawless look is not entirely down to nature..

Keira- eat a few pies love, then you'll be sorted :D
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Words fail me on this one.... she doesn't know what a spot is!!!!!! Am feeling unusually riled up about this, having always struggled with my skin since about the age of 11! :rolleyes:

Now Cameron Diaz on the other hand doesn't have good skin.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends what her understanding of achne is............and it's probably not much, We all know what it is like to get a spot, but if she thinks that this is achne, maybe she should look the word up.

But she could be telling the truth *Sigh*.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,309
    Forum Member
    For 'acne', read 'the occasional spot' :)

As pelicano has already said, Cameron Diaz knows what acne is, and as far as I know she doesn't feel the need to bleat on about it. As someone who suffers from bad skin myself, I know I wouldn't be drawing attention to it!
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    beee wrote:
    For 'acne', read 'the occasional spot' :)

As pelicano has already said, Cameron Diaz knows what acne is, and as far as I know she doesn't feel the need to bleat on about it. As someone who suffers from bad skin myself, I know I wouldn't be drawing attention to it!

Exactly - I certainly wouldn't be inviting people to scrutinise my skin! :eek: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TinkerbellaTinkerbella Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of tosh! :cool:

Of course, I've never met the girl, but it's quite easy to tell which celebs suffer from acne and which don't. These skin problems can be 'airbrushed' from movies and photo-shoots, but I've seen plenty of 'un-posed' photos of her in magazines and there's bugger-all wrong with her skin.

As mentioned by other posters here, Cameron Diaz (and even Victoria Beckham) have admitted to skin problems in the past which is noticeable.

IMO - Keira is saying this in an attempt to make women 'relate' to her.

If she is prone to spots, it's probably due to her skin crying out for a good meal - I'm sorry, but she really is far too skinny. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    She seems to be a one off, a starlet who says what she thinks and doesn't take herself seriously.

From what I've heard elsewhere, she is a bit of an anti Barbie in real life, stuck in a Barbie body.

Never mind, I'm sure her many millions will console her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know how true it is but I read somewhere that the makers of "Pride and Prejudice" are having to spend hundreds of thousands on airbrushing Keira's acne out of the film cos the makeup didn't cover it well enough.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    pelicano wrote:
    Words fail me on this one.... she doesn't know what a spot is!!!!!! Am feeling unusually riled up about this, having always struggled with my skin since about the age of 11! :rolleyes:

Now Cameron Diaz on the other hand doesn't have good skin.

It's a celebrity trick. They pretend they have all these awful problems when in reality they probably had a spot once when they were 12. They're rich, priveleged and have no idea what living in the real world is like. They want us to feel some sympathy with them, when all they really do is alienate us completely.
  • Options
    DONNA22DONNA22 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read on another site that a make up artist who's worked with her has said that she does have very bad skin
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    It's a celebrity trick. They pretend they have all these awful problems when in reality they probably had a spot once when they were 12. They're rich, priveleged and have no idea what living in the real world is like. They want us to feel some sympathy with them, when all they really do is alienate us completely.

Sums it up quite well :)

This kind of thing always reminds me of being a size twelve teenager, and going clothes shopping with my friends (who were all either a size eight or six). I'd spend hours in changing rooms, with them prancing around in miniskirts and spray on jeans asking me "Do I look fat in this? My arse is so huge, God, I'm so fat".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jessikart wrote:

This kind of thing always reminds me of being a size twelve teenager, and going clothes shopping with my friends (who were all either a size eight or six). I'd spend hours in changing rooms, with them prancing around in miniskirts and spray on jeans asking me "Do I look fat in this? My arse is so huge, God, I'm so fat".

That always happens to me now. "Oh I'm so fat" says my friend who's size 8! Change the size 12 to size 14 and it sounds exactly the same as me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    So to sum up, it's impossible that the girl does actually have skin problems then? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,309
    Forum Member
    grant1 wrote:
    So to sum up, it's impossible that the girl does actually have skin problems then? :rolleyes:

Not impossible, but have you ever seen her with a break-out?