Options

"Not Scotland" - What are STV Playing At?

Comments

• Options
    SOLSOL Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    And the millions WITHOUT Sky? What about us?

Denied programmes they previously enjoyed on STV - are they expected to sign up to Sky or invest in Freesat just because STV are trying to save money by dropping drama?

I supect those who commend STV for their stance on home grown programmes have access to ITV1 in their own homes so are not seeing reams of advertising for new series like 'Downton Abbey' but find themselves unable to watch them.

I take it you have Sky, Simon? :p

Buy a Sky box, a cable subscription or move to England. :) Are you not sick of repeating the same thing again and again and again? You remind me of that Ariston advert from the 90's.

Get a life!
  • Options
    BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOL wrote: »
    Buy a Sky box, a cable subscription or move to England. :) Are you not sick of repeating the same thing again and again and again? You remind me of that Ariston advert from the 90's.

Get a life!

Is this not a discussion platform? I was simply answering Simon who seemed to be under the impression that hoards of us Scots were unaware that signing up with Mr Murdoch would solve all our problems.....

(and I was IN that Ariston advert!!!!! :p )
  • Options
    robotrobot Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing has been confirmed about Emmerdale or Corrie at this stage.

And that's because it never will be.

There are limits to the stupidity of the STV execs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think?

Judy Finnigan (in her newspaper column) is already looking forward to new series of 'Downton Abbey' - set in WW1 - "along with 11 million others who adored the first series".

THINK of the pre broadcast publicity series 2 will get in all areas of the media.....

I expect we STV viewers will have to wait for ITV3 (God bless 'em) and the dvd release. :cry:

We are getting the new series of 'Law & Order UK' on Sunday. But Bill Paterson is no longer in it......did his character get written out last series? We only saw a handful of the episodes so I have no idea why his character has gone......
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think?

Judy Finnigan (in her newspaper column) is already looking forward to new series of 'Downton Abbey' - set in WW1 - "along with 11 million others who adored the first series".

THINK of the pre broadcast publicity series 2 will get in all areas of the media.....

I expect we STV viewers will have to wait for ITV3 (God bless 'em) and the dvd release. :cry:

We are getting the new series of 'Law & Order UK' on Sunday. But Bill Paterson is no longer in it......did his character get written out last series? We only saw a handful of the episodes so I have no idea why his character has gone......

bill patterson - L/O:UK I remember seeing him going out but I thought he was returning guess not lol- I remeber he also was dealing with a hard hitting case and was putting his neck on the line in S3 (correct me if im wrong if anyone seen it on ITV1) - Series 3 was the best yet as there was lots of twists in it but best idea bidie is catch up online ie itv.com/player or if you own a PS3 catch up on that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Kezo.

I will watch out for the lost episodes on ITV3, but am pleased we are getting the new series!

Thanks, STV!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone has compiled a list of all the dramas that have been denied to us by STV?

Must be a fair number by now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robot wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has compiled a list of all the dramas that have been denied to us by STV?

Must be a fair number by now.

two I remember "gunush" and "collision"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Kezo.

I will watch out for the lost episodes on ITV3, but am pleased we are getting the new series!

Thanks, STV!

No problems Bidie - thats what I do to catch up on any missed I did notice that ITV2 are reshowing "benidorm" unsure what series it is but good to see it back :) since I enjoyed the last series on ITV1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    two I remember "gunush" and "collision"

Downton Abbey
    Wuthering Heights
    Doc Martin
    Kingdom
    Midsomer Murders (though we saw John Nettles final episode)
    Lewis (although we are catching up with the ITV1 'repeats')
    Poirot (got some, not others)
    Marple
    Whitechapel 2

I caught up with 'Collision' on dvd. Not seen Gunrush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downton Abbey
    Wuthering Heights
    Doc Martin
    Kingdom
    Midsomer Murders (though we saw John Nettles final episode)
    Lewis (although we are catching up with the ITV1 'repeats')
    Poirot (got some, not others)
    Marple
    Whitechapel 2

I caught up with 'Collision' on dvd. Not seen Gunrush.

I forgot those lol - I never seen "gunrush" either it starred "the bill" Aml Ameen - ITV have no plans to bring the DVD out for this and this is one drama I would not mind seeing but oh well....:mad: (2 part drama)

Mind you Midsomer Murders (new ones) - ITV Player on PS3 - not bad really but Its all in STV's court on what they put on - Just do what I do ignore STV on Freeview and go to ITV's own site/player :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a number of one off stand alone dramas like that one starring David Jason (something about pilots in WW2 where we were allowed the documentary shown before the drama, but not the drama itself) and another which I caught on ITV3 which had Kevin Whately and Robson Green in it - Joe Someobody's War.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been a number of one off stand alone dramas like that one starring David Jason (something about pilots in WW2 where we were allowed the documentary shown before the drama, but not the drama itself) and another which I caught on ITV3 which had Kevin Whately and Robson Green in it - Joe Someobody's War.

Thats right those were the other 2 that were "missed" :eek::rolleyes: I wonder if ITV may in time or if not already have them out on DVD? (not suggesting all their dramas are out on DVD - hence why I mention "gunrush")
  • Options
    MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's just been an ad on saying we are getting Doc Martin - how long is it since the rest of the UK watched it ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they stopped after series 2!!!!

But if they can get them cheaper now, maybe we will get to see them?

Only worry is - what are ITV1 viewers getting whilst we get episodes of Doc Martin we should have had 2 years ago?

Ah well - its a fun programme so thanks again, STV!
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whitechapel 2
    To be fair to STV, they did show Whitechapel 2 last year.

I'm wondering, will STV show series two of Downton Abbey? The issue is that it doesn't look like STV will show series 1, so how do they expect viewers to understand series 2 if they go straight into it without showing last year's series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi rzt

Must have missed Whitechapel 2 - apologies.

I am hoping that, before Downton 2, ITV will opt to repeat series 1 and STV will 'tag along' and let us see it......:rolleyes:

It would surely be cheaper for them this time round - as in Lewis and now Doc Martin which we are finaly seeing - and then they could break the budget (or use the money saved on The Hour's reduced broadcast) to buy series 2.....

It has been a success in so many countries it is just wrong that a part of the UK who make the series have not seen it on terrestrial TV.

We did not always get the new ITV dramas at the same time as the rest of the UK - but we always got them within a month or two. It would be great if, now the dispute is settled, STV could go back to that policy......
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time is running out for STV if they want to show Downton Abbey series 1. The second series will be beginning in about 3 months time, and the schedules show for the next month or so they're definitely not showing it. Not sure if they'll squeeze in DA series 1 repeats in August.

Do you know when STV are showing Doc Martin series 4? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a look at when Bidie started this thread.

Couldn't believe it when I saw it was one week short of TWO YEARS.

I knew that it was quite a while since the STV Drama Police started their nonsense, but two years!!!
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Time is running out for STV if they want to show Downton Abbey series 1. The second series will be beginning in about 3 months time, and the schedules show for the next month or so they're definitely not showing it. Not sure if they'll squeeze in DA series 1 repeats in August.

Do you know when STV are showing Doc Martin series 4? :)

I get the feeling STV will not be screening Doc Martin S4,OR Downton Abbey S1 or S2.

Who going to complain about STV not opt-out enough :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robot wrote: »
    Just had a look at when Bidie started this thread.

Couldn't believe it when I saw it was one week short of TWO YEARS.

I knew that it was quite a while since the STV Drama Police started their nonsense, but two years!!!

It began a little before my first post - we failed to see the additional 'Sharpe' dramas that were made, outwith the original Bernard Cornwall books. OK, they were not as good as the Cornwall based series, but nonetheless it was an omen of things to come.

Or NOT to come, as it turned out.....:cry:

;)
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It began a little before my first post - we failed to see the additional 'Sharpe' dramas that were made, outwith the original Bernard Cornwall books. OK, they were not as good as the Cornwall based series, but nonetheless it was an omen of things to come.

Or NOT to come, as it turned out.....:cry:

;)

To be fair to STV, there did replace it with another DRAMA, one made by STV. Missing which was made in 2006, but ITV refused to air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Seiko - yes, they did try 'like for like' in the very early days, before we got the 'Scotlands Greatest Wheelie Bins' nonsense. :p

One good way of seeing the lost dramas is to watch out for the dvd's in the sales - or ask for pressies from relatives. I received Downton as a Xmas gift and I bought Wuthering Heights and Collision fairly cheaply some months after they were shown.

Cheaper (and more ethical?) than a Sky subscription.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will STV ever remake Taggart now that ITV seemed to have axed the show from ITV1.
    I also think The Hour on STV is now passed it and should be droped. I did used to watch the show all the time but in the passed few months I have seem to have stoped watching it.

Darren
  • Options
    AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been doing remakes of Taggart for the past 20 years :D
This discussion has been closed.