Race Across the World - Series 4 - Starts April 10th BBC1

Comments

• Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 18/04/20 - 08:29 #1502
    Ah! That explains it!

Shuntelle and Michael left the programme at the end of week two. This Sunday is week seven.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 18/04/20 - 09:21 #1503
    Ondine wrote: »
    Ah! That explains it!

Shuntelle and Michael left the programme at the end of week two. This Sunday is week seven.

Bit pointless posting a guess when you're 5 or 6 weeks behind everyone else. :)

Even more pointless reading a thread if you want to avoid spoilers...
  • Options
    Trevor_McilveenTrevor_Mcilveen Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    I do not mind reading spoilers. Still enjoying the programme. Have now caught up & now waiting for the 19 April episode .
  • Options
    GodAtumGodAtum Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would want to do this in real life, but without the deadlines and prize at the end?
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. watching on catch up.

Have you seen Shuntelle and Michael recently?
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GodAtum wrote: »
    Who would want to do this in real life, but without the deadlines and prize at the end?

I'd love to do it without the deadlines. Having said that, all that bus-riding must be utterly exhausting.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really starting to like Emon and Jamuil.

They have big hearts. The way they interacted with the folks in the care home. So gentle and caring. Ditto the homeless family.

I like them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I hope they win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Money is running low. Who will be next to leave ?
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,522
    Forum Member
    Money is running low. Who will be next to leave ?

We may get a better idea of who that will be after tonight's episode, but they are all hanging on a shoestring budget just now.

• Options
    Forum Member
    I was born in 1944. A slap never did me any harm. Not even when a grandfather did it with a barbers leather strap used to sharpen razors.
    the namby, pamby attitude has got the world where it is now.
  • Options
    spectraspectra Posts: 2,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was born in 1944. A slap never did me any harm. Not even when a grandfather did it with a barbers leather strap used to sharpen razors.

wow,

please don't share any of your other out dated attitudes with us. It is a scary enough place as it is at present without imagining there are still people around that publically endorse hitting a woman to teach her a lesson. I know thy must exist behind closed doors but to admit to it......sigh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spectra wrote: »
    I so hope its Rob & Jen who leave. She deserves a good slap.Behaves like a spoilt child.

yeah , good old bunch of fives would sort her!

Have you woken up thinking it is the 70's - not that this was acceptable even then.

Over-reaction, much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 19/04/20 - 10:50 #1515
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I so hope its Rob & Jen who leave. She deserves a good slap.Behaves like a spoilt child.

Have you woken up thinking it is the 70's - not that this was acceptable even then.

Over-reaction, much?

ok if this is generally acceptable I apologise.
    I don't approve of suggesting hitting a woman even if it was in jest which Trevor has not by the way.
    I must be out of touch with current views around such things.
  • Options
    ManiaMuseManiaMuse Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    I love this show. it's like the Amazing Race but without all the forced twists and drama and trash talking between the seems. It all feels really honest and down to earth and they did a really good job with the casting. I like all the pairings and it is great to see them gaining in confidence during the trip as well as the very real feeling arguments and funny things that happen along the way. Lots of beautiful scenery and amazing places they are visiting. And it is nice to see all the teams getting along with each other really well at the checkpoints.

The job listings are possibly a bit contrived but I guess they need to manage risk for the teams a bit without phones and make sure they don't starve to death.

The only bit that spoilt it in season 1 was at the very end where they made it seem like it was a neck and neck race to the finish line with the editing but when you actually stopped and looked at the times in the book there was actually several hours between the first and second placed teams. Also I didn't like the checkpoint in season 1 where they got rid of the last placed team, that seemed a bit unecessary. Maybe they planned to do that in season 2 as well but one of the teams withdrew voluntarily, who knows.

Getting massive feelings of wanderlust myself though....I have told my employer that I am taking a one month holiday at some point when this whole virus is over. Hopefully I will be able to go traveling again soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 19/04/20 - 13:41 #1517

Over-reaction, much?

I don't approve of suggesting hitting a woman even if it was in jest which Trevor has not by the way.

I don't approve of hitting anyone, man or woman, but that was just a figure of speech IMO. Trevor has not what?
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,441
    Forum Member
    edited 19/04/20 - 13:49 #1518
    Ah, that old trope. "I got slapped and I came out fine".

So people have moved on from using violence against others to get them to "behave". What a terrible thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Over-reaction, much?

I don't approve of hitting anyone, man or woman, but that was just a figure of speech IMO. Trevor has not what?

suggested it was in jest.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,148
    Forum Member

I'd love to do Mexico City to the bottom of Argentina, but not the endless bus journeys they do, which must get completely draining and mean they miss out on loads of the countries they travel through
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 minute warning :) I have read the spoiler for next Sunday and am very worried :o
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all hopefully everyone is keeping well for the best programme of the week
  • Options
    EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,886
    Forum Member
    :smiley: Evening Racers!

:cold_sweat: Glad that my speculation last week was wrong but I'm still fearful.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19/04/20 - 19:03 #1524
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Evening all hopefully everyone is keeping well for the best programme of the week

Hello Dundonian :) Hi Monkey :)
  • Options
    EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,886
    Forum Member
    :mrgreen: I'm so glad that we get to see that shot of Lizzie in her bikini in the opening titles every week.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lot of unseen Dom and Lizzie clips could they come from well behind