Options

Race Across the World - Series 4 - Starts April 10th BBC1

Comments

• Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching on catch up. After the first 10 mins Jen has annoyed me to breaking point. She is just a spoilt idiot - keep your money until the last week and then spend it on going fast you silly woman, there are no prizes for coming first on the penultimate leg!

And the less said about how she treats Rob, the better - I really can't see how they ever got married!
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19/04/20 - 21:08 #1653
    Watching on catch up. After the first 10 mins Jen has annoyed me to breaking point. She is just a spoilt idiot - keep your money until the last week and then spend it on going fast you silly woman, there are no prizes for coming first on the penultimate leg!

And the less said about how she treats Rob, the better - I really can't see how they ever got married!

As has been said, I can't see their marriage lasting. It's a bit like trying for a baby to keep the marriage together. Rob seems such a lovely bloke who has had to come to terms with a dreadful handicap in his life, She married the handsome lad that he was/still is but can't be doing with his handicap. At least that seems to be what's coming over in the editing of this programme......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 19/04/20 - 21:24 #1654
    Dom and Lizzie made up 15 hours, but hard to see them catching up 9.

Not hard at all - they have quite a bit more money than Emon & Jamiul. All the teams will have to work, but the ones with slightly more money have a massive advantage, and I suspect the bus connections will be less frequent on the last leg given where they are going. Maybe they'll manage to hitchhike again as well. Given the nature of the last leg, 9 hours is nothing.

I think the spoiler is now obvious sadly, as I suspected.

After tonight's episode I want Dom & Lizzie to win - they've both matured a lot in the last few legs and I really like them as a team now, despite the odd inevitable bit of brother and sister angst. I think winning would do them a lot of good.

I like Rob but I really dislike Jen so I would much prefer any of the other teams winning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    No Jo and Sam in the trailer. Are they trying to put us off the scent, nor Emon and uncle......

Jo's voice could be heard at the end. Emon & Jamiul were in the trailer, running.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 19/04/20 - 21:31 #1656
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Two episodes left but one leg left. I assume the final one is a catch up episode maybe

I think it must be - the BBC episode guide for next week makes it clear the race finishes.

I'll be glad if there is a catch up episode - that was the main flaw with last year's series as it ended so abruptly!
  • Options
    Parcelman008Parcelman008 Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Best show on TV imo ...casting is great all seem decent people( well maybe not Jen)
  • Options
    redandwhiterob2redandwhiterob2 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Bet Sam hasn't done a ounce of packing or unpacking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Jo and Sam in the trailer. Are they trying to put us off the scent, nor Emon and uncle......

Jo's voice could be heard at the end. Emon & Jamiul were in the trailer, running.

The spoilers say
    one team leaves through lack of money
    . I'm worried for my favourites :'(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The spoilers say
    one team leaves through lack of money
    . I'm worried for my favourites :'(

I think it is blindly obvious who that will be I'm afraid. Everything in this episode and the trailer gave it away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19/04/20 - 22:55 #1661
    I think it is blindly obvious who that will be I'm afraid. Everything in this episode and the trailer gave it away.

I just hope they are teasing us as they did with the seizure episode :'(
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I so love this series around, great teams with great connections. Yes Jen seems spoilt but beneath that she loves Rob. My fav are Dom and Lizzie and so glad they are now only 9 hours behind. Gutted last episode next week and with the coronavirus next years I think will be delayed :( This series could easily be prime time on BBC1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    I so love this series around, great teams with great connections. Yes Jen seems spoilt but beneath that she loves Rob. My fav are Dom and Lizzie and so glad they are now only 9 hours behind. Gutted last episode next week and with the coronavirus next years I think will be delayed :( This series could easily be prime time on BBC1

It's not the last episode next week, but probably the end of the race... :)
  • Options
    Trevor_McilveenTrevor_Mcilveen Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    My Tv Guide says last episode is on
    May 3rd
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »

It's not the last episode next week, but probably the end of the race... :)

Sorry yes my planner says 2 episodes left,I assumed the last episode was a catch up type episode. I like the fact that this series they show them interacting with each other etc last series I dont think it showed that. What will I do without my fix on a sunday night once this ends :(
  • Options
    Trevor_McilveenTrevor_Mcilveen Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Maybe watch Celebrity who Dares wins on channel 4 ?
    season 2 starts tonight
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without question Jen and Rob are my favourites. Particularly Jen with the knowledge that social media always has to have someone to hate, and its her at the moment. I personally see her as funny but also driven. Wanting to physically assualt her seem completely over the top based on a cut on a tv show. Remember these are normal people with normal jobs. Not who ever it is you hate this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe watch Celebrity who Dares wins on channel 4 ?
    season 2 starts tonight

Not a chance given some of the "celebs" they've chosen to cast!
  • Options
    potagerpotager Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not really fussed who wins. Whoever comes first deserves it when you consider the ups and downs they’ve all had to master. Their relationships are all different and I think the uncle/nephew twosome is the most harmonious. Jo has indulged Sam all the way with his expensive aircon buses/ haircut/ constant food cravings. But there again, theirs is about the journey more than winning the actual race. And from that point of view I think they’ve certainly won in their own way. The other two couples have to deal with much more bickering and temporarily falling out which just adds stress to their particular journey so it’ll be interesting to see if it’s a harmonious or disharmonious team that can win.
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,522
    Forum Member
    edited 20/04/20 - 11:19 #1670
    I'm thinking back to series one where we ended up with teams of 2 girls, 2 guys, father and son, and elderly couple (winners). In actual fact they were all winners for what they achieved, the most obvious being the father and son - that was a lovely emotional journey they embarked on.

I would actually love to see a catch up programme on those contestant now to see how they feel about their race, and how it changed their lives, to have cut off so abruptly after the finish left (I'm sure) many of us wanting more on what did they do next?

The BBC have time now to find them all and get their thoughts in to make a 'lockdown' programme including snips from that series. I missed them all when last series finished, I'll miss this lot to, you do become involved in what they are doing, and the final cut off can feel like you have lost a friend. - - - - Or maybe I just have Lockdown Fever after 39 days. #boredsillynow
  • Options
    Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    I’m rooting for the uncle and nephew now for the win 🤞 Brother & sister are spoilt kids who mummy & daddy will keep them financially and Rob and Jen … well she just annoys me🙄. Don’t think Jo & Sam will finish … but they have had an adventure/ experience and probably got the most out of it !
    Hardly their faults though, and they don't come across as rich spoilt brats.

They do to me, I'm afraid.
    Spend so much time moaning about their imagined misfortunes, while two other couples have to contend with the issues surrounding one member's disabilities..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 20/04/20 - 12:07 #1672
    I’m rooting for the uncle and nephew now for the win 🤞 Brother & sister are spoilt kids who mummy & daddy will keep them financially and Rob and Jen … well she just annoys me🙄. Don’t think Jo & Sam will finish … but they have had an adventure/ experience and probably got the most out of it !

Spend so much time moaning about their imagined misfortunes, while two other couples have to contend with the issues surrounding one member's disabilities..

Did you watch last night's episode? They were talking about precisely that they recognise how privileged they are. They are young siblings trying to figure out what they want to do with their lives and undertaking an entirely new experience, so bickering and moaning is inevitable to an extent (and Rob & Jen have ticketed just as much!). Their situation is very different to the couples dealing with disabilities, so I'm not sure there's much to be gained from trying to make a direct comparison.

Does their behaviour get a bit much at times? Of course, but they are still a bit immature compared to the others. They are not even close to rich spoilt brat territory for me, and I've come across that type before.
  • Options
    adamtwillisadamtwillis Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    edited 20/04/20 - 12:30 #1673
    Just know Jen & Rob are gonna win, every single British game show/reality I watch I never like the winners. So it has to be them, be nice to be surprised though. Great series be sad to see it finish. Love the mom and son in this.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 20/04/20 - 13:27 #1674

Did you watch last night's episode? They were talking about precisely that they recognise how privileged they are. They are young siblings trying to figure out what they want to do with their lives and undertaking an entirely new experience, so bickering and moaning is inevitable to an extent (and Rob & Jen have ticketed just as much!). Their situation is very different to the couples dealing with disabilities, so I'm not sure there's much to be gained from trying to make a direct comparison.

Does their behaviour get a bit much at times? Of course, but they are still a bit immature compared to the others. They are not even close to rich spoilt brat territory for me, and I've come across that type before.
    Some people have selective hearing. I think this experience will benefit them the most, and would have learnt a lot.

• Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just know Jen & Rob are gonna win, every single British game show/reality I watch I never like the winners. So it has to be them, be nice to be surprised though. Great series be sad to see it finish. Love the mom and son in this.

I'm hoping Emon & Jamiul win now (I thought it would be Sam & Jo all along). I just can't take to Jen and her treatment of Rob (and the blame of his disability on everything). I thought Lizzie and Dom's relationship became stronger over the last leg, they seemed to have put their difficulties behind them and bonded.

I'm going to be gutted when this finishes, it's by far the best thing on TV during lockdown, with this and Homeland both finishing in two weeks there will be a big hole in my Sunday evening entertainment.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be gutted when this finishes, it's by far the best thing on TV during lockdown, with this and Homeland both finishing in two weeks there will be a big hole in my Sunday evening entertainment.

Me too. As for Homeland, I stopped watching that when Damian Lewis left (vertically).