Comments

• Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    PaddyK wrote: »
    Emolga wrote: »
    Its good to see that no matter what Rishi Sunak does public opinion is very much against him now. These cruel and callous policies used to be vote winners for the nasty party but thankfully the public are finally done with these corrupt and incompetent liars.

Sunak could discover a cure for cancer and it still wouldn’t save him,people have just had enough of almost 14 years of a Tory government ,right now the Government is basically a dead man walking.

If he did discover a cure for cancer, he would make sure it was so expensive that only his greedy, cruel, rich and bigoted mates could afford it.

I have no truck with Sunak and the Tories and want to see them gone as soon as possible, but I think that is beyond unfair. A daft comment in fact.
  • Options
    Pansy47Pansy47 Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philp is a total muppet. He's arrogant, stupid, he doesn't listen and is out of his depth. A typical Tory these days it seems.

https://x.com/adambienkov/status/1783592455889174770?s=46

He’s as thick as 🐷 💩

That was so embarrassing. No wonder this country is in such a mess.

No, what’s embarrassing is the number of people failing to understand that he DID know , and wasn’t asking because he didn’t know!
  • Options
    iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone needed to draw him a diagram. He was very confused.
  • Options
    Pansy47Pansy47 Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iveivan wrote: »

He really wasn’t!

• Options
    human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 13:16 #2457
    Pansy47 wrote: »

He really wasn’t!

He was certainly confused by the question - you can't deny that.

When asked specifically what would happen to refugees coming form Congo, which is "warring" with its neighbour Rwanda, he answered by saying people from Rwanda would not be sent back to Rwanda.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Philp is a total muppet. He's arrogant, stupid, he doesn't listen and is out of his depth. A typical Tory these days it seems.

https://x.com/adambienkov/status/1783592455889174770?s=46

He’s as thick as 🐷 💩

That was so embarrassing. No wonder this country is in such a mess.

No, what’s embarrassing is the number of people failing to understand that he DID know , and wasn’t asking because he didn’t know!

You what? 🤔
  • Options
    Alan51Alan51 Posts: 3,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HouseStark wrote: »
    That Victor loves the sound of his own voice dosent he. The audience seem to be lapping him up but I find him a pretentious pr**k and is not the sort of person I would get along with. And shave off that crappy white beard thing ffs it looks ridiculous .

He did waffle on a bit but most of what he said was spot on
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 21,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://x.com/otto_english/status/1783591565413249235?s=46

Notice the lack of applause Johnson’s mate “Lord” Moore got for his answer to the Rwanda plan question,I don’t think it’s going to be much of a vote winner for the Tories come election time.

Government supporters never get applause on the prgramme even though the audience is not biased.

• Options
    human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »

Notice the lack of applause Johnson’s mate “Lord” Moore got for his answer to the Rwanda plan question,I don’t think it’s going to be much of a vote winner for the Tories come election time.

Government supporters never get applause on the prgramme even though the audience is not biased.

Can I ask you to be clear on this - are you suggesting the selection of the QT audience is generally biased against the Government?

I ask because nearly every week I see claims on here that the audience is always biased in favour of the Government. It obviously can't be both...
  • Options
    AdyBAdyB Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 15:14 #2462

He really wasn’t!

Oh My! you sound just like what a mother would say about their son. B)
  • Options
    mistermrmistermr Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Conservative and Unionist Party is only interested in The Conservative and Unionist Party and screwing as much money out of this country for there friends and families before they are kicked out off office.

It's always the poor, sick and disabled that are ruining the country or immigrants and single mothers, It's never the tax avoiders and evaders or the private sector who squeeze as much money out of our public services they have been brought in to "run more effectively" before handing them back on the brink of collapse.
    While the tax payer is left with the bill these companies are allowed to walk away scot-free.

Imo the only reason that this Rwanda bill has not been killed is because someone connected to the Tories somewhere must be making a lot of money out of it, I don't see any other reason to continue with it.

• Options
    asdasinsburysasdasinsburys Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdyB wrote: »

He really wasn’t!

He knew they were different countries - but unlikely he knew whether a Congo refugee would be returned to Rwanda or whether a Rwanda refugee themselves would be returned to Rwanda.
  • Options
    AdyBAdyB Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He really wasn’t!

He knew they were different countries - but unlikely he knew whether a Congo refugee would be returned to Rwanda or whether a Rwanda refugee themselves would be returned to Rwanda.

Really! you sound just like what a Grandmother would say about their Grandson. B)
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,594
    Forum Member
    Was surprised to learn that Fiona Bruce is 60 - would have thought she was still in her 40s!
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,594
    Forum Member

He really wasn’t!

He was certainly confused by the question - you can't deny that.

When asked specifically what would happen to refugees coming form Congo, which is "warring" with its neighbour Rwanda, he answered by saying people from Rwanda would not be sent back to Rwanda.

I was confused by the question also!
  • Options
    PaddyKPaddyK Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Was surprised to learn that Fiona Bruce is 60 - would have thought she was still in her 40s!

Looks damn good for 60.
  • Options
    ***emma******emma*** Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Good grief Philp is even more stupid than I thought he was
    He seems rattled tonight, what an ignoramus

Govt yes man - not an original utterance ever - that’s how you keep your job I suppose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I used to think that people in power in financial comfort and lots of time would be the best to forward social progress
    As opposed to people worrying 365 about bills and all sorts
    Not so apparently

Can they not even get the facts straight in their head
    Legal immigration is too high 660 million
    Err you invited half of the over and gave visas to the other half so etf u complaining for which gives you a excuse to bash I,legal so called immigrants / refugees
    Use your brains
    Give them jobs ..the country needs them …nhs staff, carers , construction to build HOMES this country is crying out for and all sorts
    Instead they give the money to private companies to house them costing an arm and a leg 150 per person per night and NO z they’re not staying at the ritz as some say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 20:43 #2471
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Are there actually any good tory MPs?
    I ask because why would anyone with one iota of integrity and a set of decent moral standards want to belong to a party with so many corrupt, greedy, downright spiteful, lying scumbags?

Sir Charles Walker is pure class; I am struggling to think of any others, because Bozo The Clown got rid of most of the decent ones in 2019.
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Spoiler alert…. No one was a fan of the PMs “sick note” policy in the audience today. They devoted almost the first half hour to the topic
    Don’t fret Philp said there will be specially trained personnel aka better than doctors to decide if someone can get a sick note
    Rings a bell
    Oh you can stand? For 4 mins? That’s ok you can stand all day
    Disgusting
    I’m all for rooting out the benefit cheats but I bet you 95% or more just can’t work and for a whole lot of them thr govt is responsible with some of their policies and also lack of policies or meagre policies

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 21:05 #2472
    mistermr wrote: »
    The Conservative and Unionist Party is only interested in The Conservative and Unionist Party and screwing as much money out of this country for there friends and families before they are kicked out off office.

It's always the poor, sick and disabled that are ruining the country or immigrants and single mothers, It's never the tax avoiders and evaders or the private sector who squeeze as much money out of our public services they have been brought in to "run more effectively" before handing them back on the brink of collapse.
    While the tax payer is left with the bill these companies are allowed to walk away scot-free.

Imo the only reason that this Rwanda bill has not been killed is because someone connected to the Tories somewhere must be making a lot of money out of it, I don't see any other reason to continue with it.

You got thatcher to thank for most of that
    Single mothers if any would need extra help but no thatcher penalised them back then
    She had a nasty streak albeit a fair logical enough sounding person at times
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 21:12 #2473
    jjwales wrote: »

Looks damn good for 60.

She most certainly does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 21:16 #2474
    60 is the new 40
    Especially if you have a good life
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/04/24 - 21:31 #2475
    ***emma*** wrote: »
    60 is the new 40
    Especially if you have a good life

I think I might look a bit better and younger if I was on 400 grand a year and 10 grand a pop for an after dinner speech!
    That might just relieve a few worry lines at least!
    :p
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He really wasn’t!

No he didn't. He actually asked if they were.

He was utterly baffled by it.

And it was not a complex question.