Options

Race Across the World - Series 4 - Starts April 10th BBC1

Comments

• Options
    Gloriavictis8Gloriavictis8 Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I met Lizzie on a flight out to Morocco last autumn and she was lovely. She told me that she was going on the show and was so excited they had been accepted. She hadn’t ever watched the show before whereas I had loved the first series. She told me she had really drifted apart from her brother but they had been close as children. I tried to drum it into her to be as honest and genuine as possible on the show and definitely not b*tch about other contestants on the show. I think she has come across really well personally and is every bit as nice as I remember her to be,
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet Sam hasn't done a ounce of packing or unpacking

Why would he, when mummy is happy to do everything for him?
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Do a lot of Brazilians talk English with American accents

Well, they ARE American.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet Sam hasn't done a ounce of packing or unpacking

Why would he, when mummy is happy to do everything for him?
    why would they be unpacking? They only stay a night then leave.

• Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »
    I'm thinking back to series one where we ended up with teams of 2 girls, 2 guys, father and son, and elderly couple (winners). In actual fact they were all winners for what they achieved, the most obvious being the father and son - that was a lovely emotional journey they embarked on.

I would actually love to see a catch up programme on those contestant now to see how they feel about their race, and how it changed their lives, to have cut off so abruptly after the finish left (I'm sure) many of us wanting more on what did they do next?

The BBC have time now to find them all and get their thoughts in to make a 'lockdown' programme including snips from that series. I missed them all when last series finished, I'll miss this lot to, you do become involved in what they are doing, and the final cut off can feel like you have lost a friend. - - - - Or maybe I just have Lockdown Fever after 39 days. #boredsillynow

I have a feeling that is what the 9th episode will be on May 3rd
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 20/04/20 - 20:26 #1682
    GodAtum wrote: »
    Who would want to do this in real life, but without the deadlines and prize at the end?

I would love to spend 3 months exploring South America but
    a) with a bigger budget
    b) with a credit card and mobile phone
    c) using internal flights more than long distance buses.
  • Options
    SnarkySnarky Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Dom and Liz: We've relied on our parents for everything in life, but this race is teaching us to be more independent and make the effort to ask complete strangers to pay our way now.

I would kill to have Jo for a mom. I know Sam has issues but he is also a lazy ass letting her do the majority of the work while he frets and eats.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Uncle and Nephew seem to be coming across one of the best. If they'd not been so easy to spend the budget early on they could have been pretty far ahead now. Think it took them a few check points to 'get' it, if you know what I mean.

Dom and Lizzie are your typical middle class kids I guess. They'll probably be okay whatever happens (Lizzie looked great in those white shorts though). She'll probably be very popular on instagram after this.

It is all the son's fault that their budget has gone seen as he ate 70% of it. I think he's a little too fussy and doesn't seemed to have grown that much.

Still can't work out Jen and Rob as couple.
  • Options
    GodAtumGodAtum Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those of you interested ... https://www.instagram.com/lizzie.slater

Amazing legs <3
  • Options
    FaggyFaggy Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    The Uncle and Nephew seem to be coming across one of the best. If they'd not been so easy to spend the budget early on they could have been pretty far ahead now. Think it took them a few check points to 'get' it, if you know what I mean.

Dom and Lizzie are your typical middle class kids I guess. They'll probably be okay whatever happens (Lizzie looked great in those white shorts though). She'll probably be very popular on instagram after this.

It is all the son's fault that their budget has gone seen as he ate 70% of it. I think he's a little too fussy and doesn't seemed to have grown that much.

I completely agree. They are the team that have most altered my original view of them. I thought the uncle was annoying (particularly spending money like it was going out of fashion) but he's calmed down and Jamiul has started speaking up.

Jo is still great but Sam is annoying me now.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amazing legs <3

Do we really need those kind of crass, degrading comments on this thread? I thought this was the 21st Century but I appear to have stumbled into 19th century misogyny...

Agree. The University Challenge thread if a female plays is of a similar tone.

• Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,070
    Forum Member

I could quite cheerfully smack Jen's legs - and that doughnut on top of her head is driving me to distraction! Rob deserves a medal for calmly dealing with her endless strops. Not an attractive look.
  • Options
    StanTheOstrichStanTheOstrich Posts: 74,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amazing legs <3

Do we really need those kind of crass, degrading comments on this thread? I thought this was the 21st Century but I appear to have stumbled into 19th century misogyny...

I don't view complimentary remarks as misogynistic in any way.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,312
    Forum Member

Amazing legs <3

Still somewhat weird though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

Amazing legs <3

I don't see it as weird, I see it is perfectly natural.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amazing legs <3

Changing subject, have you heard from The Chase yet?
  • Options
    Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    edited 22/04/20 - 12:10 #1694
    I don't see Jo & Sam in the preview for the last leg apart from a very brief clip which may be from a previous episode. Maybe they did not make it to the end given that their budget was already down to 2% before they even reached the checkpoint.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 22/04/20 - 12:43 #1695
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    I don't see Jo & Sam in the preview for the last leg apart from a very brief clip which may be from a previous episode. Maybe they did not make it to the end given that their budget was already down to 2% before they even reached the checkpoint.

Probably a good reason not to watch previews and draw (possibly incorrect) conclusions from them.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,312
    Forum Member

Amazing legs <3

Dunno, maybe it's just the fact that I personally would feel slightly unsure about posting about that online.

Amazing legs <3

Nope. I've long since given up to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 22/04/20 - 13:18 #1697

Amazing legs <3

Dunno, maybe it's just the fact that I personally would feel slightly unsure about posting about that online.

Amazing legs <3

Nope. I've long since given up to be honest.

That's a shame, there is a long waiting list though from what I've heard.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amazing legs <3

Well as a female I can tell you I don't find it at all natural or flattering, I find it offensive.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amazing legs <3

Well as a female I can tell you I don't find it at all natural or flattering, I find it offensive.

Was it the way he worded it?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 22/04/20 - 21:08 #1700

Amazing legs <3

Was it the way he worded it?

Not just that but the fact that he is objectifying her in the first place and that was the sole point of the post. It really isn't necessary or clever.
  • Options
    Harriers9Harriers9 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Yet no one seems to bat an eyelid with the comments towards a man on the Repair Shop thread that I, personally, find offensive and sexist.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/96317024/#Comment_96317024